Simple Guideline of the RULES of the 60 Day Turnaround.
The purpose of the 60 DAYS is to remove the rule set, and be left with the reasons why. The knowledge of WHY we choose a specific diet is more important than the diet.
This is not Paleo, I am not “for” Paleo given that I believe in Creation it immediately removes my ability to philosophically believe in paleo.
The Sugar Rule
We want to avoid all things that are sugar, or easily turn to sugar:
2. Honey, Agave, Maple Syrup
3. High Glycemic fruits, or any fruit besides berries (a handful a day, or granny smith apple)
4. Grains – all of them besides Quinoa on occasion
5. Legumes (beans of all types except some lentils and some chick peas – limited)
6. Root Vegetables – some small amounts of onion for taste are ok
6. Excessive protein except for populations who have high metabolism, this group can increase protein. Ask questions if you don’t know if you are included here.
The Sugar is the most important part for what we are trying to accomplish (see other sweeteners below).
1. Granny Smith Apple or a handful of berries one time a day.
2. Tomatoes should be looked at as fruit, similarly one serving a day max, and avoid combining within the same hour as your fruit.
3. High glycemic foods of any type need to be avoided, but the higher echelon that are allowed (bright peppers for example) should not be combined with fruit, tomato, or with chick peas and lentils. Dipping peppers into hummus could become a blood sugar problem.
4. For those needing weight loss, protein should be 2/10 of your body weight (lbs) in grams three times a day. Or less, for the first four weeks. Increase after that. Protein can also turn to sugar.
5. No alcohol for four weeks, then move to a glass of red wine every other day at most. No other alcohol is allowed.
6. Dairy is allowed, but should be both clean (organic, raw is best) and also cultured (raw cheese, yogurt with no added sugar). Be cautious because lactose is a strong sugar, read the containers, pay attention to the amount of sugar, and watch if you bloat, or have digestive issues following dairy. If so, can it.
7. No ROOT vegetables. You can have small amounts of onion for flavor, but notice how an onion takes on a sugary taste when cooked? Because its loaded with it. Along with potatoes, carrots, etc. Stay off of them… period.
The significance of limiting foods is also directed towards sugar.
Some guidelines are very cautious about fats. We want you to increase fats steadily over the first month.
1. Grass Fed Beef is loaded with healthy fat. Grass Fed beef Butter is also good, known as Pasture Butter. Eat this regularly.
2. Free Range Organic Chicken is also a good source of healthy fat, as well as the eggs from these hens.
3. Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, Macadamia Nuts, Cashews are all good nut sources. Best raw, best soaked. Utilizing nuts you should keep in mind the rule – don’t eat more than you could shell yourself. If you are eating more than you could shell in a day, then you are probably beyond the healthy long term level.
4. Chia, Pepita, Flax, Sesame seeds. These are great sources of healthy fat, and can be added to a smoothie to increase your “full” sensation.
5. Coconut oil. Straight or in cooking, along with Palm oil.
Fats are crucial for satiation and for moving the body into burning Fat.
When to Go Clean
Meats need to go clean first (Organic) followed by the rules of the Clean Fifteen/Dirty Dozen
This is the critical piece for clean – MEAT is at the top. Followed by the current listing in the dirty dozen. It changes based on season and farming practices. If a food is in season in a relatively clean environment, it becomes less important to be organic. If the season forces importing from a DIRTY source, then that food becomes more of a risk to long term health. For example, we recommend you never eat food from China, regardless of its listing on the Dirty Dozen/Clean Fifteen list.
Sweeteners – Clean means NO Sucralose or Aspartame or any other artificial sweetener. It also means that you can use straight Stevia *look for additives. No other ingredient save a little alcohol in some liquid stevia. You can use Xylitol in small portions and moderation. I would also avoid using Erythritol on a daily basis, but every so often in moderation. Avoid using other sugar alcohols like malitol or sorbitol.
When our group 60 Days Starts, jump in if you are local. Together we are successful where apart we would not be.
I developed the Straight 60 as a combination of other diet plans. You could live this forever, it works for performance (I am proof) it works for weight loss and hormonal balance. However, the goal is to graduate you to the plan for life that you want to be on, after adopting the understanding of these rules. Life change is a small change each day.
- Dr. Eric Richards