Thick and Soft Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
The recipe makes a baker’s dozen.
1 Large Egg
1 1?4 cup Creamy Peanut butter, or Almond Butter ( I used a mixture of both)
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup of your preferred sweetener. Recipe calls for brown sugar ( I used xylitol)
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
1?2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1 tbsp+ coconut oil
1. In mixer combine peanut butter, “sugar”, egg, vanilla, coconut oil. Mix until “sugar” (xylitol) is no
2. Add cocoa powder and baking soda. Beat until well incorporated. Dough may be a bit crumbly in
pieces, but pieces should all stick together forming a large mound when pinches, squeezed and
pushed together. If it is too crumbly add more coconut oil or peanut butter a table spoon at a
time until it is the right consistency (I alternated the two.)
3. Separate the dough into equal parts (about 13 balls). Slightly flatten each ball with a fork making
the traditional criss- cross marks for peanut butter cookies. Place on a plate
4. Cover plate and let chill in refrigerator for at least two hours ( I was impatient and did 1 1?2).
5. Preheat oven to 350F. Treat cookie sheet with cooking spray and bake for 8-10 minutes.