The 20 Day Nutrition Challenge… what is it? Â The Challenge is simply to challenge you to take the next 20 days to identify areas of your life/diet that you could alter to improve. Â Here are some examples:
- Reduce sugar in any form: For some it could be real sugar, for others it could be the glycemic load of the vegetables that you eat. Â Do you see the dichotomy? Â One person might be drinking 4 sodas a day, and it would be ridiculous for that person to start nitpicking their red peppers vs a green pepper. Â But for that person who is eating rich glycemis load veggies all day, and missing out on the low carb, low glycemic load of the leafy greens, it would be a good place to start.
- Find value in the right kind of dairy: Â I had taught no dairy is best for about seven years. Â Arguing that Biblical dairy was likely sheep and goat. Â Though, some historical reference suggests that is wrong. Â So we slowly started adding a little dairy back in. Â Pasture Butter, Pasture Cream (basically the rich fats from a grass fed cow). Â Now we have added appropriate cheeses to that list and dairy products that actually offer some health benefits that you cannot get anywhere. Â In short, this has really changed my mind to how to look at dairy. Â Does Casein stink? Â Yep. Â Can people be lactose intolerant, yep. Â So there are guidelines, rules and self assessments that must take place to really know where you are, but I would pretty much take the knowledge I have to full debate with any paleo preaching educator on the planet.
- Change your meat: figure out how to introduce healthier meats, what to avoid in processed meats, and how to make healthier taste good to your taste buds. Â I love a grass fed burger, but I know a lot of you have complained that you don’t! Â This should change, and becoming a master of the additives and spices will help! Â Sautee some onions in coconut oil, mix them into the beef before grilling, and you will have a hard time disliking grass fed beef ever again. Â Or try some “montreal steak” seasoning on your t-bones (just don’t buy the one with hydrogenated oil in it). Â Point is, there is a way to like what will keep you alive and well.
- Fix Your pH: one HIGHLY neglected area of discussion, is pH. Â Alkaline vs Acid. Â Though a truly healthy diet will make that change very well over time, there are some strategies to help rapidly improve the acid/alkaline environment of your body. Â This is CANCER that we are talking about here. Â Mutation runs rampant in an acidic environment, then it runs wild once it occurs. Â This is a very important piece of the puzzle. Â I have found more highly devoted people are missing the big picture because of this ONE thing.
- Plan For Life: how do you keep on the path? Â Family meal planning is important, because nobody stays focused in a family full of bad eaters. Â Try avoiding all sugar when you have to look beyond the ice cream every night as you pull out the beef for dinner. Â Eventually, you end up falling back into the poor lifestyle. Â BUT if everyone in the household is on the plan, then it gets much easier! Â How do you feed your kids in this world? Â We’ll sit down for a fireside chat of sorts, and work through those strategies.
The Plan – Starting Monday night, we will have the first primary diet overview at 6:45pm. Â This and the last class are the HealthSprout hosted events. Â Then, if you don’t want to do all of them, but you are really interested in the pH portion of the class, on 5/15, Tuesday night at 6pm at Riverstone ChurchÂ we will hit up some good information on pH and the superfoods that need to be in your diet. Â This class can be attended without paying the $20 for the whole 20 day challenge, but you need to pre-register and you can pay just $5 for this class, or $10 at the door.
Do you want to lose some weight for the summer? Â This is your answer, get on it, do it now… take it serious and you will be rewarded! Â Thanks for caring, I do.
Be Blessed! Â – Dr. E